sLiK-a-palooza registration form at bottom of page*
‼️‼️sLiK-a-Palooza information update‼️‼️
We’ve had many ask about rules and itinerary for Saturday, registration etc. we look Forward to this being a smoothly ran tournament so please read details. Please read down for Official rules
You must report to Axtons Saturday morning!!!
Registration will Be open until 5:00am-6:00 am Saturday morning behind Axton's Bass City store. Upon arrival, look for registration signs, Turn to the left Like you’re going to axtons boat ramp. Look for Classic Arlington Buick GMC pop up canopy with table. We will have a packet for you. If your pre registered and paid it will have your shirts, crawfish bands and tournament details. You will Need boat number for drawings (this is assigned by registration)
First cast 6:30
Last cast 3:00
Be in weigh in line by 4pm or DQ’ed (no exceptions)
Up to 3 person teams
5 fish limit
Remember lake fork is a slot lake. The Slot is 16” to 24”. Attempting to weigh in fish over 16” into the slot will be immediate Disqualification. No Exceptions.
1 fish permitted over 24”
No dead fish will be weighed
Please do not cull dead fish.
Big bass will be paid on biggest under or biggest over.
Smallest bass side pot is exactly that.
100% big bass
100% smallest bass side pot
Subject to polygraph
UFC style belts will be awarded to 1st place in each division plus cash. We will also have a junior belt for Largest bass caught by 16 and under participants!
Have a sLiK baits catch during tournament hours?
Prove it! Show us your catch with a picture or video with the package of sLiK baits, the bait in fishes mouth or holding it next to fish and post it on social media with #slikapalooza #slikbaits every entry will be entered into a wheel of names and we will draw at weigh in for 1 lucky winner of a huge prize pack!
Ladies big bass 75qt hooked coolers awarded to OPEN and KAYAK divisions only.
More door prizes will be announced by drawing of boat number. Must be present to win!
‼️‼️WEIGH IN DETAILS‼️‼️
Upon returning to Axtons. Please follow signs and drive down to boat ramp and form a line with truck and boat. You will pull up to weigh in trailer with your fish bagged. Step off trailered boat onto our weigh in trailer to weight table. Once your weight has been tallied we will take pictures, then bag your fish. Please return to your boat, find suitable Parking and release them at the bank as quickly as possible. (Please let us know if you have a fish that needs to be revived) All fish over 8lbs subject to sharlunker program. If anyone has a Legacy sharelunker please contact tournament director immediately 817-240-6216 so we can start the process and get that fish handled properly and attentively as possible.
After the weigh in we Will Announce winners around 4:30-5:00 and then enjoy crawfish, food truck and the live band. We will have extra crawfish but very limited amounts Avaialble. We have some spots open for $30 each or $9.50 per lb until sold out. Don’t wait!
Look for registration online, buy your crawfish spots or slikapalooza shirts @
We will have some shirts Available for purchase at weigh in.
Thank you and Good luck everyone!
Jonathan and Ashley Britt
For additional info or questions call:
Official Tournament Rules:
1.All State, Coast Guard, Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times. A violation of any of these regulations could result in a Team surrendering their stringer and/or being disqualified.
2. All State, Coast Guard, Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times. A violation of any of these regulations could result in a Team surrendering their stringer and/or being disqualified.
3. Teams: All tournaments are Team Tournaments. A Team cannot consist of more than three (3) anglers, but a Team may consist of only one (1) angler. Only Registered Tournament Anglers are allowed in a Team’s boat during Tournament Hours.
4.Participation & Eligibility: Participation is open to anyone 18 years or older. Anyone under the age of 18 must be partnered with a team member over 18 years of age and have a completed and signed Minor’s Release.
5.Off-Limits: There are no off-limit periods for these tournaments.
6. Registration: Teams will have two options to enter:
• Enter online prior to the Tournament at slikbaits.com/slik-a-Palooza
Online registration will end at midnight the night before the tournament.
• Enter onsite the morning of the tournament 5:00am-6:00am or half and hour prior to first cast.
7.Refunds: No refund of entry fees will be allowed, nor will entry fees be transferred to a future tournament.
8.Entry form (online or handwritten) with complete entry fee must be received before tournament hours begin.
9.Trailering: Trailering is allowed. Contestants may leave from any public launch site. No fishing until Official Start Time. Official Start & Official Stop times will be determined based on cell phone service
10.Check In Time: Any team wishing to weigh fish must be in the weigh-in line with their fish prior to stated weigh in time based on boat number. Any team not in weigh-in line with their fish by 4:00pm. No exceptions.
11.Opening Of The Scales: Scales will open at 3pm on tournament day. No Teams are allowed weigh in prior to scales opening.
12.Boat Requirements: All boats must be equipped with emergency kill switch. Kill switch must be attached to Boat Operator at all times while combustible engine is in operation. Kill switch must operate properly. US Coast Guard approved life jackets are required for each person in boat. Life jackets must be worn and fastened while combustible engine is in operation. All boats must have a functioning live well that is adequate to keep the tournament limit of fish alive.
13.Method of Fishing: All bass must be caught on artificial bait by casting. No trolling with main outboard motor. Contestant may use only one rod at any one time. Umbrella Rigs/Alabama Rigs are allowed with a maximum of five (5) hooks. Any fish caught while “sight fishing” must be hooked inside the mouth. No snagging of fish. All fishing must be done from inside the Team’s boat. At no time can a Team Member leave the boat to land a fish, locate fish or to make the boat more accessible to new water. Each angler’s cast and retrieve must be completed prior to angler’s next cast.
14.Dead Fish Penalty: Any dead bass will not be weighed in.
15. Big Bass must be alive to be eligible for Big Bass Award.
16.Slot limit Length: 16”-24” length of bass are in the slot and canning be weighed in. If a fish is to be weighed in over 16 inches inches this will be a disqualification. No questions asked. Only 1 Fish over 24” will be allowed to weigh in. Only Largemouth and Kentucky Spotted Bass will be weighed in. Should a Team present a Bass for weigh-in which fails to meet the slot length limit, Team must surrender remaining daily stringer.
• 5 Fish Tournament - No team may have more than five (5) fish in their possession at any time during official tournament hours, except during the culling process whereas six (6) fish are allowed. While one team member is culling the other team member may fish, however, both anglers cannot resume fishing until culling has been completed and team possesses only five (5) fish.
• A violation of the culling rule will result in the Team surrendering their daily stringer and/or being disqualified.
18.Ties: A tie will be resolved by combining the money from tied places and splitting it evenly between tied Teams.
19.Assistance: During the hours of the Tournament, a Team may not have non-competitors in their boat on the water for any reason, receive fishing information from non-competitors or follow a non-competitor’s boat or participate in the placing of markers by non-competitors or participate in the practice of "hole sitting” by anyone. The use of mobile communication
devices such as cellular telephones, marine radios, walkie-talkies, or any electronic device to obtain and use fishing information from anyone during tournament hours is strictly prohibited. In the event of an emergency situation, Teams should call 911 first and then notify the Tournament Director at (817) 240-6216.
20.Boat/Motor Breakdown: In the event a Team’s boat or motor becomes inoperable or in a state that cannot get back to Official Check In, a Team can return to Official Check In by 1) remaining in their boat and being towed to Official Check In, 2) one Team Member, with their daily stringer, may ride in another Competitor’s boat back to Official Check In while the other Team Member stays with their inoperable boat or 3) one Team Member, with their daily stringer, may ride with a Tournament Official (if available) back to the Official Check In, while the other Team Member stays with their inoperable boat.
21.Polygraph Exam: Each Team member, by submitting an entry form, agrees to submit to a polygraph exam and accept the result of said polygraph exam. Should a Team member fail to pass a polygraph exam, Team will forfeit all winnings and face possible disqualification. If alcohol or mind-altering drugs are consumed prior to a Team’s polygraph exam, said Team will forfeit all winnings for the tournament. Team selected for polygraph must be available at the designated exam time. Failure to be available will result in possible surrender of daily stringer and/or disqualification.
22. Alcoholic Beverages and Mind-altering Drugs: No alcoholic beverages or mind-altering drugs are to be consumed by any team member during tournament hours or until team required to polygraph has been selected; nor are alcoholic beverages or mind-altering drugs allowed in a team’s boat during official tournament hours. Violation of any of the above will result in disqualification of said team.
23.Permitted Fishing Areas: Teams may fish anywhere on Lake Fork by boat that is available to the public, except areas designated as “off limits” or “no fishing” by state or federal officials.
24.Off-Limits Areas: Teams may not fish inside any areas designated as “off-limits” or “no fishing” by state or federal officials. There are no other off-limits areas for the tournament.
25.Protests: Any protest must be submitted to the tournament director in writing within fifteen (15) minutes of the closing of the scales.
26.Boat And Horsepower Regulation: Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. Boats must contain a properly aerated livewell space to maintain a live limit of Bass. Maximum horsepower for all outboards used in tournament competition may not exceed the horsepower limitations as set by the U. S. Coast Guard in such vessel. Falsifying information or altering the horsepower numbers on the motor or rating plate to conceal such limitations will be cause for disqualification from the Tournament. No Contestant may have a platform, raised deck, or ladder which is higher than the gunnel of the boat. Standing on the fishing seats or outboard motor will not be allowed.
27.Culling Of Dead Fish: Culling of dead fish is NOT PERMITTED.
28.Sportsmanship and Conduct: All Contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Examples of conduct not complying with those standards include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or any mind-altering substance during tournament hours extending through the weigh-in process;
• Any previous conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation for a felony, a crime involving moral turpitude, or a crime related to, arising out of, or involving any fishing tournament or event, except with full, prior written disclosure to the Tournament Director under oath and by affidavit of all facts and circumstances surrounding such conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation at least ten (10) days before the Tournament being entered, and thereafter subject to the Tournament Director’s sole and absolute discretion that such conviction, charge, arrest, or investigation does not result in the Contestant’s honesty, integrity, character or qualifications to enter the event being unreasonably questionable.
• Actions or words which reflect unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, and fair competition;
• Chemical substance abuse or addiction;
• Disqualification from any tournament that resulted from unexplained rule violations that result in a Contestant’s honesty, integrity, character, and qualifications for entry into a Tournament being questionable in the Tournament Director’s sole and absolute discretion.
Upon review of the circumstances by the Tournament Director, the Tournament Director shall have the right to refuse any entry, or to deny a confirmed entry, by returning the entry fee of a previously accepted entry, or disqualifying a Team.
29.All decisions of the Tournament Director are final.
30.Tournament Director may refuse any entry.
31.All Bass weighed in will be released back into the tournament waters.
Violation of any of the aforementioned rules (with exception to rule #10 and #14) will result in an automatic surrender of the Team’s stringer for the day and may result in disqualification from the tournament.